It is time for part two of our sustainable swap series! This time we are sharing easy sustainable swaps | bath & body edition! From toilet paper to period pants, we’ve got you covered.
01. SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER BARS; This is the one swap I was most sceptical about, I have really thick curly hair & just didn’t think bars would agree with my hair, possibly leaving it feeling greasy but I was SO wrong. They are such an easy swap and also take up a lot less room. (link)
02. BODY SPONGE/POUF; A really easy swap but switching from a normal sponge to a plastic free recycled one can make a huge difference. (link)
03. TOILET PAPER; Toilet paper actually creates so much waste & uses a LOT of trees. Companies like “Who Gives A Crap”, EXCELLENT name I know, deliver recycled toilet roll direct to your door, completely plastic free & in bulk (24 or 48 rolls), you can subscribe too which makes it so much easier! They donate 50% of their profits around the world to help build toilets. Did you know that roughly 40% of the world’s population don’t have access to a toilet? (link)
04. PERIOD PRODUCTS; It’s not secret that tampons & sanitary pads are NOT good for the planet! All 3 of us have made the switch to more sustainable alternatives, whether that is menstrual cups, period pants (my personal favourite) or reusable sanitary pads. We highly recommend giving at least one a go. (link)
05. NATURAL DEODORANT; I made this switch last summer & it is one of my personal favourites! I use Wild plastic-free refillable deodorant, I love the aluminium cases & the scents of the refills are incredible! I highly recommend orange zest. It has been especially formulated for a wide range of skin types including sensitive. It is delivered straight to your door & you can set up a subscription! (link)
06. BAMBOO TOOTHBRUSHES; Another incredibly easy swap for you! You can pick these up on Amazon for a couple of pounds and they feel no different to using a plastic toothbrush. They also last just as long! I have linked a pack of five priced at £5.99! (link)
07. SOAP BARS; This sounds like such an obvious one but how many of us use the pump bottles rather than good old fashioned bar of soap? Exactly. Go back to basics and grab yourself a bar – they do the job just as well. (link)
08. REUSABLE FACE CLOTHS; Rather than using cotton pads that go straight in the bin, I highly recommend face cloths or you can even pick up reusable cotton pads. Simply use them & pop them in the wash (with your Ecoegg, wink wink we mentioned that in our kitchen swaps edition) and repeat for a long time! (link)
We hope you enjoyed our easy sustainable swaps | bath & body post & we’d love to know if you make the switch to any of these.