AD | post contains PR gifted items & affiliate links
When I planned to write this post, I was aiming to collate 10 favourite pregnancy and baby products. However, after polling the TMC Admin team and family, the list quickly grew – into more than what’s being represented in this blog post! There might have to be a follow up to this list of favourites, because there are some really good product suggestions in the mix!
These aren’t just favourite pregnancy and baby products for Mum either – we have favourite products for men and birthing partners, so keep reading to find out more!
Ah, sleep. The favourite and most dreaded topic in early parenthood.
1. One of our most favourite baby items was our Moses basket. Our first Moses basket was 4th hand (new mattress) and the flat woven handles soon fell apart. Ahead of baby number 2, we knew that we wanted to get a new Moses basket and were over the moon when moKee PR sent us this Seagrass Moses Basket. It’s everything that we loved in our original basket, but better. It has incredibly strong sides (a toddler or curious dog leaning over is not going to fold the sides in), the handles are more rope like making them more durable and easier on the hand to carry, and this basket is slightly wider than others on the market: making it a fantastic first bed for your little one.
Note: images above are for product photos only. For safety, you should not use a Moses basket on the bed with baby sleeping inside. It should always be on a solid surface (ground) or in a stand.
2. I promise this blog post isn’t sponsored by moKee, but another favourite is their pod: Charlotte says that it was lush and Evelyn loved it.
3. An absolute winner is a good Next To Me bassinet/crib. A standout being the Chicco Next 2 Me Crib.
4. The following came up several times over: MyHummy Portable White Noise Machine/White Noise Bear. Susan said that her little one “has the blue tooth heart one so I can use my phone to turn it up and off etc! It’s also very cute which is a bonus!! It goes to Nursery for nap time and everything! I loved that it kicks back in automatically!”
5. Rockit Pram Rocker – to help keep the little one settled.
6. One of the ‘must have’ favourite pregnancy and baby products: high chairs that grow with baby/child. Especially the kind that go from newborn through to child, bringing your little one to the table/your sitting height. We especially love our Stokke Tripp Trapp Chair.
7. Boobix cookies if breastfeeding – yes please!
8. Stick with me on this one: Hive Dimmable Smart Lights for the bathroom. For those pregnant billion-times-per-night bathroom visits. Keeping the light level low means getting back to sleep more quickly.
9. From Charlotte: I love my salt lamp. When we lived with Liam’s parents [we] were all in one room. So when Evelyn needed a feed, or change, switching the salt lamp on was a lot better than a bright lamp/light!
10. Vava portable night light – USB Chargable and dimmable.
12. Bugaboo Donkey Duo was life changing having two small kids close in age.
13. Schnuggle Bath Tub – keep baby slightly upright and secure whilst bathing.
14. Nappy Caddy – keeping things close to hand and somewhat organised!
15. Onesies/sleepsuits that have hand-mits attached to them that you can just roll down when needed.
16. Bodysuits with two rows of poppers to get more wear as baby grows: especially for those first couple of sizes!
18. Baby Swing! Special mention for the Graco Move with Me Swing.
19. Cheeky Chompers Bibs – local business and great for teething.
20. UVC Steriliser. For when you can’t deal with water sterilisers. We still use ours today, and in theory could put our phones in it to sterilise those…
23. A Yoga/Pregnancy Ball was amazing, especially for helping with SPD and lots of early labour!
24. A favourite for the birthing partners: MANtenatal. This was a recent discovery from the Baby & Toddler Show. I’m regularly receiving messages from my Husband, who’s actually excited to to watch their virtual, on-demand course. Messages like, “Why hasn’t this MANtenatal course come up before? Even goes through all the complications and process of changing from vaginal to emergency c-section.” He’s also told me all about the new approaches to delayed cord clamping. Honestly, it might be the best thing to come to light this pregnancy!
So there is it, there’s our list of favourite pregnancy items – and this was only a small portion! What about you? What are YOUR favourites? Let us know in the comments below!