BY RACHAEL BLAKEY
2021 is the year for incredible book releases & to save you scrolling through endless websites, we have compiled a list of our favourites that we will be picking up & we think you should too! We are sharing the release date of each book & also a brief synopsis, just so you know whether it will be your kinda vibe.
2021 BOOK RELEASES
- RESCUE ME BY SARRA MANNING – 21st – Two people want to rescue the same dog, they share custody. One a hopeless romantic, the other prefers a life of solitude. I think we all know where it is going to go.
- THE EX TALK BY RACHEL LYNN SOLOMON – 28th – Radio host colleagues, enemies to lovers.. what more do you need to know?
- LOVE IS A REVOLUTION BY RENEE WATSON – 4th – Young adult romance that highlights how important it is to love yourself.
- YOU DESERVE EACH OTHER BY SARAH HOGLE – 11th – Naomi & Nicholas are the perfect couple, due to be married in 3 months.. and they’re sick of each other. Whoever backs out first has to front the entire bill so they prank & sabotage each other to see who will cave first…
- YOU HAVE A MATCH BY EMMA LORD – 15th – A new love, a secret sister & a summer not to forget…
- FAT CHANCE, CHARLIE VEGA BY CRYSTAL MALDONADO – 15th – A charming & heart-breaking, coming of age story that tackles the relationships we have with our parents, our bodies, our cultures & ourselves.
- PERFECT ON PAPER BY SOPHIE GONZALES -11th – A bisexual girl who gives anonymous love advice to her school friends is hired by the hot new kid to get his ex back.
- EVERY VOW YOU BREAK BY PETER SWANSON – 18th – Dark & twisted thriller following a whirlwind romance, an exclusive resort & a charismatic stranger..
- LOST IN THE NEVER WOODS BY AIDEN THOMAS – 23rd – When children start to go missing in the nearby woods, a teen girl must face her fears & a past she can’t remember to rescue them.
- SHE’S TOO PRETTY TO BURN BY WENDY HEARD – 30th – A young adult thriller following to girls whose lives crash together through secrets, love & danger..
- BETWEEN PERFECT & REAL BY RAY STOEVE – 15th – A young adult debut following a trans guy cast as a “non-traditional” Romeo, we follow Dean as he tries to find his voice, and himself.
- THE ROAD TRIP BY BETH O’LEARY – 29th – A romantic comedy following two exes, Addie & Dylan who are made to embark on a road trip to a wedding they have both been invited to.. will they make it to the wedding on time and is it really the end of the road for the relationship?
- PROJECT HAIL MARY BY ANDY WEIR – 4th – A lone astronaut must save the earth from disaster.
- MAY THE BEST MAN WIN BY ZR ELLOR – 18th – A trans boy enters a throw-down battle for the title of homecoming king with the boy he dumped last summer…
- HANI AND ISHU’S GUIDE TO FAKE DATING BY ADIBA JAIGIRDAR – 27th – Opposites attract/enemies to lovers.. in this queer, young adult romance.
- MALIBU RISING BY TAYLOR JENKINS REID – 28th – Malibu, August 1983. An exclusive party end of summer party goes up in flames..
- A CHORUS RISES BY BETHANY C.MORROW – 1st – Meet Naema Bradshaw: a beautiful Eloko, once Portland-famous, now infamous, as she navigates a personal and public reckoning where confronting the limits of her privilege will show Naema what her magic really is, and who it makes her.
- THE DARKNESS OUTSIDE US BY ELIOT SCHREFER – 1st – mind-bending sci-fi mystery and tender love story about two boys aboard a spaceship sent on a rescue mission.
- DARLING BY K. ANCRUM – 22nd – A twisted, young adult thriller, Peter Pan re-telling..
- THE ECHO WIFE BY SARAH GAILEY – 8th – A dark, fast-paced domestic thriller surrounding lies, betrayals & identity.
- MAKE UP BREAK UP BY SANDHYA & LILY MENON – 15th – Two rival app creators come head to head after a summer fling as they both compete for an investment. Enemies to lovers… a personal favourite of ours.
- THE DEAD AND THE DARK BY COURTNEY GOULD – 3rd – The things that lurk in dark corners, the parts of you that can’t remain hidden, and about finding home in places–and people–you didn’t expect…
- HOW WE FALL APART BY KATIE ZHAO – 3rd – students at an elite prep school are forced to confront their secrets when their ex-best friend turns up dead.
- FOR YOUR OWN GOOD BY SAMANTHA DOWNING – 5th – A teacher seeking revenge…
- WALKING ON SUNSHINE BY GIOVANNA FLETCHER – 11th – There isn’t a synopsis for this, but we are yet to be disappointed by a Giovanna book…
There you have it! Our most anticipated 2021 book releases! We hope you find something you’ll enjoy!
YOU CAN FIND RACHAEL AT:
Personal Instagram: @Fromrachael_claire
Book Instagram: @Bookish_Grl