Nothing screams Christmas quite like the smell of a freshly baked mince pie. Why not wow your guests this Christmas and out this super simple shortcrust mince pie recipe!
- A rolling pin
- Weighing scales
- A round cookie cutter and smaller star shaped cutter
- A tart baking tray
- A pastry brush
- 300g plain flour
- 150g butter (We like to use Stork when baking)
- 50g icing sugar
- Jar of mince meat
- 1 egg
- Put the flour, butter and icing sugar in a bowl and rub together until it forms into a breadcrumb like texture
- Using your hands, bind the mixture together until it’s like a dough consistency, if you’re struggling, try adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of water (but try and avoid it if you can for the shortest pastry!)
- Tip onto a very lightly floured surface, knead briefly until smooth, then chill in the fridge for 30 mins or until firm.
- You can lightly grease the tart baking tray whilst the pastry is chilling.
- Once they’re done in the fridge, dust the work surface and rolling pin with flour and roll out the pastry until it is around 5mm thick.
- Using a circle pastry cutter cut out 24 bases, put them into the tray and fill each one with 1 teaspoon of mince meat. Be careful not to overfill them as they will bubble over and look messy.