These Blueberry Coconut Oat Bars (or porridge fingers) from @feedingtheirfutures make a great healthy, on-the-go breakfast or snack.They’re packed with immune-boosting ingredients, perfect for this time of year when the bugs are flying round at school and nursery!
- Blueberries – berries are rich in antioxidants, particularly blueberries and raspberries.
- Oatmeal – oats contain beta-glucan, which is an antimicrobial fiber and antioxidant.
- Coconut – coconut milk, coconut water or coconut oil are rich in lauric acid, which is converted to monolaurin in your body – a compound that strengthens immunity.
- Eggs – packed with amino acids and antioxidants.
- Live Greek yoghurt (on the side) – contains probiotics, the healthy bacteria your intestine needs to keep your digestive system healthy.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh (half them for babies)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs then add the coconut milk, oats, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and shredded coconut, then stir well and combine.
- Add the blueberries and stir again.
- Spread the mixture in the baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is a light toasty brown.
- Cut the squares and serve warm with a dollop of natural yoghurt or enjoy cold later as a snack or easy-grab breakfast.
If you make these blueberry coconut oat bars, please tag us on Instagram so we can see!