I am a sucker for a cocktail, especially in the warmer months! They are so refreshing and I love how creative they can be! I have my firm favourites but recently I have definitely been branching out – I recently had a Watermelon Mojito when out with my best friend and it was DELICIOUS! We are sharing 10 Summer cocktail & mocktail recipes. When I was pregnant with the boys I never wanted to feel like I was missing out so opted for non-alcoholic alternatives!
PIN FOR LATER:
SUMMER COCKTAIL & MOCKTAIL RECIPES
These cocktail recipes are for those who enjoy a lovely summer tipple – we have something for everyone! From gin lovers to you vodka fiends.
PINK GIN SPRITZ – RECIPE CREDIT TO CRAFT GIN CLUB
- 25ml QVT Dry Gin Édition CGC
- 25ml Pink Gin Spritz cocktail syrup
- 100ml London Essence Soda Water
- Grapefruit slice, to garnish
Pour all the ingredients into a wine glass filled with ice and give it a quick stir to combine. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and serve.
STRAWBERRY MOSCOW MULE – RECIPE CREDIT TO MY FOOD STORY
- 4 Strawberries stem removed and cut into half
- 2-3 Sprigs fresh Mint
- 60 ml Vodka
- Juice of a Lime
- 120 ml Ginger beer (approx)
Add strawberries and mint leaves to a glass and muddle till the strawberries are broken down into tiny pieces.
Add ice, vodka, lime juice and top with ginger beer. Stir to mix well. Serve immediately.
VODKA STRAWBERRY LEMONADE – RECIPE CREDIT TO HEATHER CHRISTO
FOR STRAWBERRY PUREE
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup waterFOR LEMONADE
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vodka
- mint and lemon slices for garnish
- ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and strawberries and bring to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Throw into the jar of a blender and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice, water and the vodka to the strawberry simple syrup.
- Fill the glasses completely with ice cubes and add some mint and lemon slices. Pour the cocktails over the ice and serve immediately.
PEACH ROSE SANGRIA – RECIPE CREDIT TO RECIPE RUNNER
- 1 bottle rosé wine
- 1/4 cup brandy or peach brandy
- 1 cup peach juice or nectar
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced thin
- 1/2 pint raspberries, washed
- Sparkling water
- Add the sliced peaches and raspberries to a pitcher. Pour the rosé, brandy and peach juice over the fruit. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour or longer.
- Pour the sangria along with some of the fruit into glasses. Top with sparkling water and garnish with a fresh peach slice.
PASSIONFRUIT MARTINI – RECIPE CREDIT TO SUPER GOLDEN BAKES
- Passionfruit Liqueur
- 3 passion fruits
- 50 ml (1.7fl oz) vodka
- 50 ml ( 1.7fl oz) clear pressed apple juice
- 1/2 tbsp liquid egg white (optional)
- Passionfruit Puree
- Passionfruit Syrup
- Fill your martini glass with ice. Halve the passionfruit. Slice one thin sliver and set aside. Scoop the rest out the flesh / seeds into a small sieve. Press at the pulp with the back of the spoon and extract the juice (into your cocktail shaker).
- Add all the remaining ingredients and fill the shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until frost forms on the outside of the shaker.
- Discard the ice from the martini glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass. Decorate with a fine slice of passionfruit.
We are fully aware that alcohol isn’t for everyone so we are also sharing five amazing mocktail recipes!
SUMMER BERRY HIGHBALL – RECIPE CREDIT TO CRAFT GIN CLUB
- 1 Strawberry
- 3 Raspberries
- 15ml Elderflower Syrup
- 15ml Lime Juice
- 45ml Apple Juice
- 50ml Soda Water
- Mint and raspberries, to garnish
Add the raspberries and strawberry to a shaker and gently muddle them. Add the gin, elderflower syrup, lime juice, apple juice with ice and shake well. Strain into a Highball glass over ice and top with soda. Garnish with raspberries and mint.
GRAPEFRUIT AND GIN SPRITZER – RECIPE CREDIT TO LAUREN CARIS COOKS
- 1 part Grapefruit Juice
- 2 parts Ginger Ale/Beer
- Ice Cubes
- Cranberries and Mint Leaves for garnish (optional)
- Cranberry simple syrup
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Sparkling water
- Rosemary sprig (optional)
Into a lowball glass, add ice.
Pour in the cranberry simple syrup and the lime juice. Top with sparkling water.
Stir to combine, then garnish with a rosemary sprig if desired.
NON-ALCOHOLIC SANGRIA – RECIPE CREDIT TO BBC GOOD FOOD
INGREDIENTS; (serves 10)
- 2 cups orange juice – chilled
- 1 cup white grape juice – chilled
- 1 cup light cranberry juice
- 1 liter sprite – chilled
- 2 cups assorted fruit (for garnish)
- For garnish mint sprigs – fresh
In a large bowl or pitcher, stir together chilled orange juice, grape juice, and cranberry juice.
- Add the sprite; stir gently. Fill each of the 10 glasses about 2/3 full with ice. Divide fruit among glasses. Pour juice mixture into glasses.
Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
WATERMELON & LIME MOCKTAIL – RECIPE CREDIT TO TESCO
- 1 watermelon
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp white sugar or runny honey
- 500ml (17fl oz) chilled soda water
- 10 mint leaves, plus a few mint sprigs for garnish
- about 10-15 ice cubes to serve, plus extra (optional)
- Halve the watermelon and cut the flesh into chunks, discarding any seeds and the rind – you’ll need about 450g (15 1/2oz) flesh in total. Transfer to the freezer, in a suitable container, and leave for an hour to get really cold.
- Slice 2 thin round slices from each of the limes and set aside for garnish, then squeeze the juice from the remaining limes into a blender.
- After an hour, remove the watermelon from the freezer and add to a blender, along with the sugar or honey, chilled soda water and the mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth, adding a splash more soda water if you prefer a thinner consistency, then stir and pour into a jug filled with the ice cubes.
- Garnish with the reserved lime slices and the mint sprigs. Serve in tall glasses, filled with more ice, if you like.