I love to bake. Well… I love to eat. I love to eat the things I bake. Does that mean I am good? Absolutely not. HOWEVER one thing I have made and I have made bloody right – is these NYC Style Easter Cookies. I’m not one to blow my own trumpet but they are SO GOOD. I shared a photo on our Instagram stories whilst baking them and the response was crazy so figured I would share the recipe.
A lot of people ask what a New York City style cookie is and basically it is a beasty cookie. They are really chunky!
They are incredibly soft & gooey which is exactly how I like my cookies. If you like yours more of a biscuit style than a soft cookie, i’d add a few minutes onto the cooking time.
I also reheated these the day later, in a hot oven for about 4 minutes and they tasted even better than when they were fresh the day before!
- 125g unsalted butter
- 75g white granulated sugar
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 1tsp vanilla
- 300g plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 1tsp baking powder
- Half tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g chocolate chips – I did 50g white & 50g milk chocolate
- 200g chopped mini eggs
- Add butter, light brown sugar & granulated sugar to bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add in your egg and vanilla, mix again.
- Add plain flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda – mix until a cookie dough is formed.
- Add in your chocolate chips and mini eggs and mix so they are evenly spread within the dough.
- Weigh out each cookie so it weighs around 110g – roughly 8 cookies!
- Once you have put them on your baking tray, put them into the freezer for 30 minutes – this ensures that the butter solidifies and it stops your cookies spreading as much, meaning they hold on to their chewy texture. They also cook more evenly!
- Whilst you are chilling your cookies, preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan oven) and bake for 14 minutes.
- Once they are baked leave them to cool for around 30-40 minutes, the cookies continue to cook for this time!
They are super easy and incredibly tasty! If you make these we’d love for you to tag us on Instagram using @thatmamaclub or #thatmamaclubig