One thing that I always find is at this time of the year us bigger kids forget to treat ourselves alongside the kids so that’s where my Spiced Apple Punch recipe comes in to play because it can be tailored for the little monster or bigger ones.
If your walking around trick or treating with the kids and fancy something to warm you up then this is your go to beverage this autumn/winter.
This recipe takes approximately 5 mins to prep & 30 mins to cook up – 100% worth it!
Lets talk ingredients:
- X2 1 Litre Organic Apple juice (available at all supermarkets, own brands are the best value for money I think)
- 2 cinnamon sticks ( Available at supermarkets)
- 12 Whole Cloves (not the garlic kind)
- 8 Chunky strips of orange zest with the pith removed
- X2 knobs of stemmed ginger in syrup, sliced & then 3 tbsp of the syrup.
- X1 Large pinch of ground all spice.
If the bigger kids fancy a tipple simply add Apple Cider instead of Apple juice for your parents only potion – Go on, treat yourself!!
Here’s what do to:
Place all ingredients into a large black cauldron (or pot if your cauldron is in the dishwasher) over a roaring fire (or on a hob if your house has one) Bring the potion to a boil and then simmer down low for 20 minutes to allow the magical spices to infuse.
Strain the punch to a clear liquid & use a magic wand (or ladle) to pour into heatproof flasks or mugs. You can even garnish with an extra cinnamon stick if your feeling fancy.
Drink up & Enjoy!