AD | COLLABORATIVE POST
If you have been fortunate enough to add a conservatory to your home this year, the chances are that you had big ideas in mind. Now the conservatory is built and ready to use – your mind is blank! There is a lot of debate surrounding whether homeowners should add a conservatory to their homes, and those who consider it do so for plenty of reasons. Perhaps more space is needed? Perhaps you’re planning to sell and want to add a little value to your home? No matter the reason why you build it, there are plenty of ways to use it.
A conservatory can actually be fairly life changing if you are planning to sell your house one day. That extra room that you built with the consideration of under-floor heating and warm conservatory roofs can make you a huge return. All you have to do is be able to sell it to the buyers later on. The only way to do that is to showcase your conservatory as a useful addition to the house. So, with this in mind, we’ve got five ways that you can better use your conservatory and show off a little.
- You want a second living room. Believe it or not, it’s not that uncommon for people to have two living rooms in their homes now. One is often used for guests and parties and the other is the den, the room where you shuck off your shoes and watch a little reality TV with a bowl of popcorn. If you want a space that’s cosy and comfortable, a conservatory makes for the perfect second living room!
- You’re ready for a dining room. You love a good lap dinner in front of the TV, but you have family coming round and you are growing your own family now, which means that your priorities may have changed a little. A dining room makes a beautiful space in a conservatory because of the fact that it’s bathed with light. It’s a dedicated space to sit and eat a delicious dinner – it’d be rude not to.
- The kids need a playroom. There’s a moment for most parents where they get sick and tired of tripping over stray cars and dolls. A spare room for toy storage and a fluffy rug is often needed and a conservatory can make all of the difference to your home. A playroom is a wonderful way to give the kids their own space and the conservatory is right off the main living area!
- A summer room to relax in. We talked about conservatories being perfect for being bathed in light, which means that it has to be the perfect place for sunshine and light to come through. It’s therefore a great space to relax with a book and a comfortable chair in the summer. Your flowers will look gorgeous here, too.
- You want somewhere to relax. Sometimes, you need an area that doesn’t have a TV or noise involved. You want to just sit and appreciate a little nature outside and relax and the conservatory can offer you that space.