AD | this post contains affiliate links
“Nemo, newcomer of orange and white, you have been called forth to the summit of Mt. Wannahockaloogie to join with us in the fraternal bonds of tankhood!”
Ever wanted to find Nemo? Maybe you have a kiddo’s (or maybe kid at heart?) party coming up and want to get everyone out of the house to do a scavenger hunt? Why not create you very own Disney DIY Nemo?
If we know anything from working with kids for years, scavenger hunts go down a treat. And they work even better when there’s a second part to the process – whether that’s a craft, guessing game or trivia quiz.
Also, is it just me, or does Finding Nemo (and Finding Dory) have the best quotes?
“Dolphins, yeah! They think they’re so cute. ‘Oh, look at me, I’m a flippin’ little dolphin, let me flip for you. Ain’t I something?'”
Duration: 20 minutes
Age 5 and up (some scissor work required – could be prepared prior, ready for assembly for littler hands)
- Light weight glue (Elmer’s glue/glue stick)
- Paper bowl
- Orange and white tissue paper
- White, black and orange construction paper or foam
- Optional: magnet tape (so that you can stick Nemo to the fridge – or to the doors/walls if you happen to be cruising, or have magnetic doors/walls in your house…)
- Before you start assembling: tear tissue paper into strips, cut the tail, fin, eye shapes and mouth.
- Using glue, stick the orange and white tissue paper in stripes onto the outside of bowl.
- Attach fin and tail to the bowl.
- Add eyes and a mouth.
- Stick magnet tape to the back.
…and whoa! You found Nemo
You could even take this Disney DIY Nemo one a step further and have a go at creating Crush and Squirt!