Busting Common Sex Myths That Are Completely False

A few months ago we shared common vagina myths that weren’t true and you all loved it, so we thought we would do a part 2 in the Myth Busting series. Today we are sharing common sex myths that aren’t true and boy is there a LOT. We have narrowed it down to 10 of our personal favourites that are all absolutely bullshit.

THIS BLOG POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, TO LEARN MORE PLEASE READ OUR DISCLAIMER

COMMON SEX MYTHS

REAL SEX IS JUST LIKE PORN

Hahahaha, no. Absolutely not. Do I want to go at it for hours? No. Do I look like I can be bent like a Stretch Armstrong? HA. Can I experience orgasm after orgasm through penetration? Don’t be stupid. Porn is work. It’s someone’s job. It is created for entertainment.

STI TESTS ARE JUST FOR THOSE WHO “SLEEP AROUND”

A very popular misconception. STI tests are for ANYONE who has unprotected oral, vaginal or anal sex.

CONTRACEPTION IS A WOMAN’S RESPONSIBILITY

Oh, a favourite of mine *cue eye roll*. The decision to have sex is a joint one. I once was about to have sex with a guy and was surprised when I asked if he had any condoms. “Oh no, I presumed you would be on the pill or something…” douche bag. The only way to protect against a sexually transmitted infection (STI) is by using a condom.

YOU CAN’T GET PREGNANT IF THE PENIS “PULLS OUT”

The amount of people who I know have got pregnant by using the pull out method is ridiculous. I don’t know how anyone can have the logic that it would work to prevent pregnancies, but alas. It happens. Before a penis ejaculates, there’s sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid (sometimes called pre-come), which leaks out when a person gets an erection.

EVERYONE IS HAVING SEX

Wrong. Having sex is a personal choice and it honestly makes me sad the amount of people rush into it because they think everyone is doing it. Also, if you have had sex one – don’t feel pressured to do it again. Wait until you are ready.

VAGINAS GET LOSER THE MORE PEOPLE THEY HAVE SEX WITH

Nope. No. The vagina is a muscle that expands and contracts. It also baffles me how a person with a vagina could have sex with the same partner for 10 years and nothing be thought of it, but one who has multiple sexual partners over that same time and her vagina must be the size of the Grand Canyon. People need to fucking behave.

VIRGINITY APPLIES TO ONLY VAGINAL SEX

It’s no secret that I despise the term “losing your virginity”, you don’t LOSE anything and i’ll be damned if a penis is that special it changes my identity. The word “virginity” has been used to describe a heterosexual woman who has not had vaginal sex. This obviously does not represent people of all genders and sexual orientations, who are likely to have a different meaning of virginity. Your “first time” is extremely personal and means something different to each person.

MASTURBATION IS HARMFUL TO YOUR SEX LIFE

Listen, as long as it feels good for you and you enjoy it – go forth and wank. Masturbating is healthy and safe. It isn’t for everyone which we fully understand. There’s no right or wrong way to go about it. Whether you prefer the use of toys to help you orgasm or good old fashioned hand. It is very much an each to their own type scenario.

ANAL SEX IS ONLY FOR GAY MEN

This is such an outdated notion that it is laughable. Wanting to try different sexual activities with your partner does not mean anything about your sexual orientation.

VAGINA OWNERS ALWAYS EXPERIENCE AN ORGASM THROUGH PENETRATIVE SEX

If only it was that easy eh? A recent study showed that 40% of women orgasm through penetrative sex, where as the other 60% need “assistance”, whether that it through toys* or clitoral stimulation.

 

There you have it! 10 common sex myths that are completely untrue. Did you believe any of these growing up?

 

 

 

Share:

1 Comment

  1. December 23, 2021 / 7:39 pm

    I’m baffled how these myths are still in circulation, especially the pull out method. Masterbation needs to be considered as selfcare.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *