[AD – THIS IS A PAID FOR POST]
The majority of us are all doing our bit to be more sustainable at home, but when it comes to running a business, it can be a minefield where to start! We are here to share 5 ways that small businesses can be more sustainable!
HOW SMALL BUSINESSES CAN BE MORE SUSTAINABLE
Be conscious of the energy you use, some of these are so simple but things that we can all be guilty of..
- Make sure to turn off all electronics when they aren’t in use.
- Take full advantage of natural lighting, whether that is putting your laptop and desk near a window or taking photos!
- Enable sleep mode on your electronics.
- Remember to turn off all lights once you’ve clocked off for the day!
GREEN OFFICE SUPPLIES
These won’t only help reduce your carbon footprint, they’ll reduce a businesses energy bill!
- Change to LED light bulbs
- Use rechargeable batteries in your cameras ect
- Buy recycled paper/use both sides of paper!
- Choose reusable ink cartridges so you can refill them.
One very important part of running a small businesses is the packaging you use, it is the first thing your customer sees! Custom printed boxes UK are a great idea to really get your brand across. Paper and cardboard packaging is great but there are a lot more steps being taken to use fully compostable packaging which will result in no waste whatsoever.
- Don’t use excessive packaging.
- Can be repurposed when no longer usable.
- Manufactured locally
A lot of things now are done digitally and having things stored on a computer/hard drive makes it much easier to things safe. Whether it is receipts, bills or orders – this is the perfect way your small businesses can be more sustainable. Such a small difference can be huge!
SUPPORT & COLLABORATE WITH OTHER SUSTAINABLE BUSINESSES
There are so many amazing small businesses out there that thrive on being sustainable and collaborating with them would be incredible! Not only to get your business out there to a new audience, but will also show how passionate you are about sustainability – whether it is asking for advice or exchanging support!
Do you run a small business? Are you taking small steps to be more sustainable?