AD | COLLABORATIVE POST
Whether you are looking to support your friend throughout their pregnancy or prepping for a loved ones baby shower, there are many reasons why you might be on the lookout for the perfect gifts for an expectant mother. After all, as their baby grows, they are dedicating all of their time and energy into the little bundle of joy – which means that they deserve a little something special to make them smile too!
With that in mind, here are some great gift ideas that every mother to be will love!
- Things for the baby. As any parent can tell you, babies are much more expensive than you expect them to be. In fact, while they may be small, they manage to cause a significant dent in your bank account and savings. Therefore, any baby-friendly products are a great choice of gift for a mother to be. For example, you could check out sites such as buggybaby and buy them some baby essentials such as nursery furniture, buggies and accessories.
- A Spa voucher. Pregnancy is incredibly tiring as your body is under more stress than it ever has been previously. As a result, many expectant mothers deal with pain in their backs, neck, shoulders and feet. Therefore, a trip to a local spa – complete with massages – is a great gift to help soothe their pain and help them relax. It’s also a great way for them to get some ‘me-time’.
- Homemade vouchers. When it comes to finding the perfect gift for your friend, don’t be afraid to get creative, especially if you aren’t sure what to buy them. For example, once the baby arrives, your friend will likely be swept off their feet, meaning that they are often too busy to complete routine chores. As a result, you could put together some homemade vouchers that they can cash in with you whenever they need help. For example, you could put together vouchers that they can use to get you to clean their home, babysit or cook them a home-cooked meal.
- A self-care kit. In the weeks and months after you’ve had a baby, self-care often falls to the bottom of your to-do list. For many, this means that it is hard to feel as though they are more than just a mum as they have left behind many of their favourite hobbies or the habits that made them who they are. As a result, a self-care kit is a great way to bring a smile to your friends face, and it’s something that they will get a lot of use out of. For example, you could put together a kit that includes all of their favourite skincare products or makeup so that they can uphold their beauty routine into parenthood.
- Gifts centred on relaxation. Gifts that promote rest and relaxation, such as candles, blankets and even yoga classes, are always a great choice for new mums. This is because relaxation often feels out of reach when you are caring for a crying baby 24/7.